Friday, February 4, 2011

Thanks and New Project...



Thanks so much to Jen at Made By Girl for posting on the nursery the other day. I have received tons of emails asking about different details of the room. It is such a wonderful feeling when others like your work! Thanks, Jen! Check out the post here.

I have loved this red, glossy closet since it was featured in House Beautiful. Unfortunately, I am a renter and cannot do this to my own closet. So, I decided to do it to a piece of furniture. I got this burl wood tall chest on Ebay, added lucite handles from The Paris Apartment (my fave handles and knobs!), and now I am going to paint just the inside high gloss red. Here is the first step, with one coat of primer! (sorry, camera phone pic)

So now it looks like we will have two projects revealed next week. Have a fabulous weekend!
E

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth .... I LOVE the stripes you painted on the ceiling of the nursery. Absolutely WOW. Glad Jen featured you.

Jamie L. said...

Elizabeth. I love this red closet. It is unreal. It feels so luxurious. I think I have to add this to my to do list!

Elizabeth said...

Jamie - isn't it awesome? I am doing it to a piece of furniture but you could probably have a professional painter do any color inside your closets. Or wallpaper. Or gold leaf.
Ok, now I am getting carried away...
E