Thursday, February 3, 2011

Refinished Vintage Chests






I can't wait to show y'all the bedside chests I am having refinished - they will be ready in about two weeks. They are a little 70's glam - with a brass band around the base, but they were thickly varnished wood and I am having them done in a white lacquer. I love vintage chests because they are solid and heavy and last forever - so many of today's pieces are more expensive and made of MDF!
Here are some vintage chests that various designers have painted to update. It is also a great eco-friendly plan to reuse and recycle instead of buying new!
E

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You tease!! Can't wait to see.

Andrea Johnson said...

New follower of your blog through Made By Girl. Loved your nursery! I can't wait to see your refinished chests.

angie said...

When you get a piece of furniture like this (a bedside table/chest) painted, what type of shop do you use and what is a reasonable amount to spend? I have seen pieces on craigslist that I would love to have painted by someone other than me! I'm a new follower of your blog via Mady By Girl too!