Saturday, February 26, 2011

What I have been doing with myself this week...


My moroccan rug came in! It now sits in front of my 70's mirrored credenza, waiting for me to decide where the f I want to put it. I think it is going in the bedroom...


This suzani pillowcase is inspiring my entire next decor move. White sofa, cobalt blue chair, steel drum table, lucite desk. I'm calling it Global Glam. Did I make that up?!


My client Jamie and I got started on her entry. Painted Gustavian chest, pieced reclaimed wood mirror, round table with burlap skirt and ivory cowhide. Now waiting on the fabulous lantern!


Remember when I went to that gorgeous artist's studio sale? Check out the blog post here. Well, I finally had this piece framed and I love it! So soothing, and I love the rough linen against the pure white mat.


And I was so inspired by this Christian Chaize photo in this dining room that I finally had to have one blown up for myself. I went the cheap and easy route, which is probably illegal, so don't tell! Sorry for the reflection in the glass, but it's gorgeous! So happy- I love art!

**Disclaimer: So many of you have been sweet enough to send me kind words on my apartment from this MadeByGirl post. Thank you!! However, that was my apartment last year. I sold all of those items and have now moved on to a new look that I am collecting pieces for. So when I ask for advice on new things, it is for the new Global Glam look. Oh, I didn't make that up - Elle Decor uses it all the time. Woo hoo! I love design!
Have an awesome weekend...

E
(P.S. I sold everything except the geometric painting from over the sofa that was inspired by Gemma Smith's Snarl Up. If I can think of a way to ship it (it is huge) I may do a giveaway for it!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I'm not even joking when I say you read my "design" mind. I saw that (or an exact replica) of the rug on Gilt last week and I've been pining for it since. And I just posted the Christian Chaize photo on my blog. It inspires me so. I'm getting giddy about your global glam look. Please post a million sneak peeks every day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erica, I see you finally got The Chaize photo! Good for you - and it's going to look fantastic! Love to see the wall when it's done!

Unknown said...

I love love love that rug!! I am really seeing it come together, and you are definitely lifting my spirits despite my living room woes. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

loved your apt on madebygirl so i'm excited to see what you come up with next...you're so talented!!!

xo,
joAnn

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see more of the new look!

Cait said...

Where did you find an image of Chaize photo that was of good enough quality to blow it up??

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, my rug didn't work out -- bummed! It reeked of mildew (ew) and the brown areas were much thicker than pictured. I'm hoping you can pass on a resource for me. I love your Moroccan rug, although I know the beni ourain rugs can be very pricey...xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Cait - I have owned a real Chaize photo for over a year - just a smaller size. So it was an excellent quality photo, I didn't just download one.
Erika - I got my Beni Ourain from Maryam. Her blog and pieces can be found at www.moroccanmaryam.typepad.com - I was surprised at the thickness of it when it arrived as well. In photos they look more like flokatis, but they are thick wool. It has grown on me over the last week, though, and looks great in photos! I could never find a large one for less than 4 grand, and I spent $2000 including shipping for a 7x12. Tell her Elizabeth Sullivan sent you!
E

Sally said...

Howdy! sal from once daily chic here! just discovered your blog! Um can you plleeeasse tell me how you managed to get that christian chaize photo done!! its actually my blog header :) sal