Tuesday, January 3, 2012

reader needs your advice

Ok, guys - you know I love it when you share what you are working on! Maureen sent me this amazing chair redo project she did! It went from this:

To this!



So it is obvious that she has a ton of talent and is a real do-it-yourself kinda girl. Now she is redoing her kitchen (pic above) and wants to know if anyone has a favorite gray she can paint the cabinets. She wants to go charcoal. Then she would like to know what light to go over the breakfast table in the back of the pic. I recommend marble or white quartz countertops to keep it light and fresh. Also, I think the back light fixture should be a totally different material than the large chrome ones - like white linen or paper.
Does anyone have any ideas for Maureen?
E

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Urban Bronze from Sherwin Williams is a great charcoal. Agreed with the marble, I would do the island a different color...maybe creamy white?

Mom of 2 Cuties @ Sprinkles of Joy and Laughter said...

Thanks Elizabeth for the shout out on some color help!! Just went today to look at some marble slabs and learn about brushed and honed finishes. I think I will be over the moon with the marble.
Enjoy your day!
Maureen
Thanks Amanda..I'll look into that shade. Rocky Ledge on Houzz website is my inspiration kitchen.

Lonely Wife Project said...

I'm going to leave this one to the designers!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Oh wow so awesome!

Unknown said...

We like the gray on our dining room walls, which is Ralph Lauren Mombasa Mist. Definitely white countertop but be careful of wine spills and such on real quartz or white marble. What about hardware? Is she going for that French industrial campaign look?

Sarah Roads said...

Benjamin Moore black iron 2120-20 is a gorgeous charcoal gray, I have it in our family room and I'm about to paint some furniture with it. I like Erica's idea of French Industrial campaign. I like the light fixtures myself, I think I would find a way to use them. Cant wait to see the after, good luck!