Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Deco Love Continued....





Yesterday when I posted about Art Deco I intended to mention my favorite books, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read everything Rand wrote when I was seventeen, and they have been my favorite books since then. They are set in the 1930's and 40's and I always imagine uber-glamorous apartments and clothing when I am reading. There was a movie made of The Fountainhead, but the black and white set does not sparkle the way it would in color.
One of my favorite movies of the last decade to watch because of the gorgeous set design was Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day. Francis McDormand and Amy Adams are adorable in it, and the over the top Art Deco apartment in 1940's London is absolutely stunning! I highly recommend this light comedy just for staring at the de Gournay hand painted wallpaper. Talk soon!
E

No comments: