Tuesday, October 15, 2013

my favorite room

I will admit that I have had a rough couple of weeks. Adjusting to a new city or situation can be tough, as many of you know. My mother is the best at words of wisdom. She says, "Go sit in the sunshine and breathe." So that is exactly what I am going to do today.

Another thing that always brings me peace is making my home look cozy and welcoming. Nothing makes me happier than fresh flowers or adding the perfect touch to a room. My favorite room in the cottage is the downstairs den. It was meant to be a second bedroom, but it is tiny, so I made it a tv lounge and I spend most of my time there working on the computer (doing this post!) or watching tv. It just barely fit my sectional and it has a ledge for my tv and art, and my favorite portrait of my grandfather watches over everything. I just changed out the builder grade glass bathroom fixture they had installed to this cool little star flushmount fixture, so I finally feel like the room is "finished"....  I am laughing as I type, because is any room ever finished to a designer?

I hope you all have a favorite spot in your home where you can curl up and think about your life, your goals, and to reflect on everything you have. I am so lucky to have my family, my friends, this beautiful cottage and gorgeous weather. Now to the beach! Have a great week, friends...
E











8 comments:

Heather Peterson said...

Love it! SO simple, sophisticated, cozy. And California!

Hang in there. It takes TIME.

Tracy said...

The room looks great! You have such good taste. Can't wait to see the rest of the cottage. You're not missing anything but sticky weather here in NOLA. Enjoy California and your new adventure.

Elizabeth said...

That cottage was made for you and you for it. I'm ever thankful that I have you here- may the adventures never end!

Leanbean said...

That room looks cozy! Question for ya - If I remember correctly, you purchased that sectional on eBay and had it reuphosltered. Would you mind sharing who you used for the reupholstery service in NOLA? I desperately need to recover our sectional that is looking worse for wear and I don't trust the people around here.

Thanks,
Lena

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Having relocated several times on my own as well, I can relate. I know the excitement and the difficulties relocating can bring. It took me awhile to find my niche in SD but when I did I had made lifelong amazing friends. Let me know if you need a trip to the zoo and I'll see if I can get you a ticket. :) I am loving your cottage! It's equal parts gorgeous and cozy!

xx

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, y'all. I am out of my funk! Lena, I only use Ernesto at Picture Perfect Upholstery on Prytania. Tell him Elizabeth recommended him!

Elizabeth said...

Lena, call Ernesto at Picture Perfect Upholstery on Prytania. Tell him I sent you!
E

Elizabeth said...

Thanks girl. My friend has a membership for her girls and we will go soon. I am out of the funk today and grateful for blog friends!