Monday, October 7, 2013

bedroom dreams

I know I have been talking about this cottage bedroom for months, but I just can't decide what to do. I want to stay true to the architecture and feel of a cozy cottage, but I also want my modern design sensibility to come through. Right now the room is so white...white walls and drapes. I have a jute rug and the gorgeous oak/parchment fishscale chest.

Now I am thinking I will do an antler chandelier:

And this simple bed:

With the modern brass sconces over each side:


The tough part is deciding on a fabric for the bed. I have always loved graphic cubes like this tile:


Of course there is the Pierre Frey Kubus fabric that is so popular right now, but I don't like the metallic gold or the price...



But something along those lines - a smaller print in beige, gray and charcoal. What do you think? Any fabric suggestions?
E

No comments: