Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Maddie!

Sweet Madeleine is turning one! Inspired by her Sweet and Sour Nursery and the candy tables of Amy Atlas, her mom is throwing her a candy-colored birthday party in San Diego.

Inspiration candy table by Amy Atlas

Huge balloons are a must!

Almost everything you need for a fantastic event, candy tables included, can be found at Sweet Lulu. They have the sweetest plates and straws and napkins, and 36" balloons in solids and polka dots. You can use their cupcake kit to make your own fabulous cupcakes (I recommend the cookie-filled ones below), or you can have them delivered anywhere in the San Diego area from Cupcake Love. Etsy is filled with fabulous Happy Birthday banners, pennants, and other homemade decorations like pinwheels. I like these aqua and red ones from A to Zebra Celebrations. I think for a first birthday you should keep it short and sweet, so just serve small bites, like the ones I posted for game day from Kevin and Amanda. This link will take you straight to their chocolate chip cookie cups with baby blue icing! A cute touch would be to serve chocolate and strawberry milk with the cupcakes...

Holy moly there are a lot of links in this post! I suggest you get preggers right away so you can throw this party!
E

Choco-Cookie cupcakes from Chocolate and Toast


6 comments:

Lily said...

How cute ! Love that candy table and the giant balloons !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Unknown said...

Love Sweet Lulu - I'm totally going to use them for my next party for Leighton.

The big white balloon table is to die for!

Lonely Wife Project said...

I'll throw a candy party for adults!

Unknown said...

wow that cupcake looks delicious!
check out my blog and follow if you like!
www.raisaland.blogspot.com

Stephanie - Chocolate and Toast said...

Thanks for the link love for my cupcakes! The party ideas are super cute, I'm bookmarking them for my baby's first next year.

Jimfavreur said...

Loved the idea for decorations. Definitely can't forget about the happy birthday banners. That happy birthday banner was very cute. Hope the party was a great success! Thanks for sharing the photos.