Monday, July 25, 2011

New Orleans secret treasures

New Orleans is such a famous shopping destination, and plenty of places get written up all the time. But there are dozens of hidden shops and artist studios around that don't get press. They are the best places to find that one unique piece that no one else has.
One of my faves is Agora Galleries. It is an amazing shop on Magazine Street that has lots of different booths in it. Each booth is owned by a different designer or artist. All the way in the back right corner is Caravan. Caravan is owned by Suzie Allain, one of the most creative artists and designers around. She also shows her paintings at Hazlenut, but Caravan is a collection of super special one of a kind pieces that you just can't find anywhere else. Side note: she is also my best friend's aunt and the one who recommended me at my showroom, so I pretty much have her to thank for everything! Check out her unique style....
E








my client snapped these up immediately!

5 comments:

Lily said...

Looks like so many good things !! I would love to go there.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I can see why your client snapped up those marbled paintings (prints? photographs?) They are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Um hello, I want the 1970s-ish mirror! ;o)

So many great finds in this little space! How fun. I miss that.

Lonely Wife Project said...

I want to hop on a plane and go there immediately!

Unknown said...

E- thanks for the great post, I love your blog! Thanks to the eagle eye of my fantastic partners, Melanie Fischmann and Nora Lasky we are always chock full of one of a kind finds. I'm so glad you came in!!