Thursday, June 10, 2010

Southern Living Idea House 2010



Tonight is the Open House and Reception for the Southern Living Idea House in Covington, Louisiana. Usually I would not be so excited about such a traditional venue - it is not my style as you can see - but Southern Living made its smartest move yet when choosing Grace Kaynor (with Vesta Fort) as the Interior Designer and I can't wait to see what she has done. Several pieces from my showroom are in the house, as well, so I will try to take pictures tonight and post them next week. It also happens to be my friend Leslie's birthday, and several artists from her gallery have pieces in the house, so it is going to be a double celebration!
The house will be open to the public from June 12th - September 12th, so if you have time you should drive over and check it out. There are a lot of new shops and restaurants in the area - we are trying La Carreta tonight and I have heard great things about it.
See you there!
E

Driving directions from New Orleans:
Take I-10 W toward Baton Rouge. Take exit 228, Causeway Blvd N exit. Keep right at the fork to continue toward N Causeway Blvd. Merge onto N Causeway Blvd and continue onto Lake Pontchartrain Causeway. Proceed for 23.8 miles. After exiting the Causeway continue onto US Hwy 190 W for 4 miles. Merge onto I-12 W via the ramp to Hammond and proceed for 3.9 miles. Take exit 59 for Hwy 21 toward Madisonville/Covington. Turn right onto Hwy 21 heading north. Proceed 1.2 miles to the 3rd traffic light; turn left onto Bootlegger Road. Then go 1 mile to TerraBella Village. Turn right onto TerraBella Blvd and follow directional arrows to Southern Living Magazine 2010 Idea House.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so great E. I love that you put this on the blog! Can't wait to see the pictures you took. You always take great ones.