Friday, November 4, 2011

Bi-Polar Design Friday

On this Friday, I am thinking of going Bi.
Two-tone furniture, people! I have always loved the look of chairs with a solid body and patterned cushions, like these...


And I have always loved R&Y Augousti exotic skin furniture. I sell them in my shop and I also keep samples of their materials so that I can do custom pieces for clients.


So now I am going to combine these two things like chocolate and peanut butter! A two tone Augousti coffee table using ivory stingray on the outside and the peacock pattern on the inside:


Ok, it won't be a complete one of a kind since we just did it for a client - but it will be only the second of its kind in the world and bring some much needed pattern into my white/cream living room now that the patterned Beni is gone... what do you think?
(P.S. Takes 7 months to come in, so will be using the cypress/lucite table for a while yet....)
Happy weekend!
E