Friday, August 10, 2012

Dining room to butterfly dream

I know everyone in the world loved Ashley Stark's dining room...

But when I see it I cannot help thinking that it is waaaaay too feminine for a family in a real world situation - I cannot see any Southern man I know being comfy in this room. So I want to re-imagine it as a girl's nursery or bedroom...and throw in my current butterfly obsession...

Farfalle wallpaper

plus urchin chandelier in brass
Gray bed or crib instead of dining table

Turquoise accents

Patched cowhide rug

Petrified wood stump by chair

Navy lacquered bedsides

with white chinoiserie mirrors over them
What do you think? I think this room could go all the way from nursery up to the teen years - glamorous and modern and perfect for a girl....
E

4 comments:

Olya said...

and this is why i love your work

Boo Hazard said...

Love the navy nightstands!

Lonely Wife Project said...

I think I want this to be my bedroom! You're so brilliant!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, of course! I need help with Ls room, no kidding.