Tuesday, July 17, 2012

what do you think?

What do you guys think about religious and/or renaissance style art in modern spaces? I love it, but it can be a hard sell to men and people with traditional furniture. It can get very heavy quickly, and so it is best to surround it with really modern or light/white furnishings like these expert designers have done...



This piece (below) was auctioned off this past weekend here in New Orleans and I wanted it so badly! However, my current state of broke did not allow me to get it... I will keep looking and hope another piece comes my way.
What do you guys think of this type of art?
E


3 comments:

Lonely Wife Project said...

Not my thing although I have loved a few spaces with a giant Renaissance painting smack dab in the middle.

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I love super old with modern though. xoxo Elizabeth

Olya said...

Here's another idea: use large paintings, but blow them up or commission them in b&w like here:
http://pinterest.com/pin/90072061267152898/
seen here in a room:
http://www.garancedore.fr/en/2012/01/12/un-matin-chez-piper/
I like the idea, but as you said it is all about what you surround it with. Also, personally I would steer clear of cherubs and naked flesh, haha:)