Tuesday, July 31, 2012

taking time

I have seen on many people's blogs lately the discussion of blog block - not feeling inspired, feeling like everyone is blogging about the same images/rooms, etc.. This summer is hot and tiring and after three years of blogging I am starting to feel the drain, as well. I hope you are all doing something exciting and enjoying time with loved ones and also lots of design fun around the house. I am going to take this week off of the blog, as I have a ton of work to do in my own job, design business, and personal life. I leave you with these images that I have been loving lately, that have no cohesive theme, and will catch up with you next week!
Happy Summer...
E














6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I just read those posts this morning! Very interesting. We're all finally exhausted, as we should be. Blogging is so much work! Especially when it's unpaid time.

Lovely images. Wish I could do white shiny floors like the last one!

Anonymous said...

Totally understand blog block!! Like Erika said, it is so much work!! Hope you have a relaxing week! Love all of these pictures. I have been staring at that living room in House Beautiful for about a week now. haha! xoxoo

Anonymous said...

Totally understand blog block!! Like Erika said, it is so much work!! Hope you have a relaxing week! Love all of these pictures. I have been staring at that living room in House Beautiful for about a week now. haha! xoxoo

heather (love your space) said...

there's something nice about so many blogs slowing down for the summer. As I have commented elsewhere, glossy magazines with big staffs often have a "summer issue" instead of monthly, why shouldn't we individual little bloggers take a slow down, too?

Enjoy the little break!

designstiles said...

Amen. I'm on year two and dare I say, I think I'm finally tired of blogging. Everything gets so regurgitated, I'm finding it tough to get inspired/post something inspiring. I've been wanting to step away for some time now. Maybe I'll follow in your steps. Maybe it'll become the newest trend. :)

Lonely Wife Project said...

You know how I feel about this. I took the week off, but still can't imagine blogging again next week. Hope you got caught up!