Wednesday, December 22, 2010

James Walden Brewer


This is supposed to be a design blog, and I never mention anything personal. However, this morning the man who raised me and who showed me what a man is supposed to be passed away.

My grandaddy was many things: a boxer in the navy, a football player in college, the driving force behind a family business, a tireless farmer, and most importantly a strict father and doting grandfather. He was the love of my grandmother's life and brought her breakfast in bed regularly. He decided, with her, to adopt my mama when they thought they could not have children and before adoption was popular. He was blessed with two more children and he kept a tight ring of love around all of us, even when some of us ran away to Mexico! (sorry!) He made my childhood, and I will never forget the small details about him, because there was nothing small about the man. I will never find anyone who will live up to my grandaddy, and if I find someone who comes close I will always be sorry that he couldn't know my first love.

I love you Grandaddy!
Lizard

1 comment:

Mom of 2 Cuties @ Sprinkles of Joy and Laughter said...

So sweet..I feel that way about my dad and him never knowing my husband and my girls, not knowing where I get my funnies and theirs as well! I'm really not a stalker..Tee hee..just enjoying some back reading ..I just found your blog through Made By Girl's blog. Take care!
Maureen