Saturday, December 4, 2010

This one is for Jamie...

So I have a new friend (and possible client) who is interested in designing her home. She wants to start in the dining room and she is a little leery of my modern sensibilities. She knows that if I was doing a dining space for myself I would do something crazy like this (above)...
Or this...
Or since I don't entertain I would make the dining room into a library like this...
But have no fear, Jamie. Any designer can do different styles and I love these more traditional dining rooms. I like that every one of them has traditional and classic elements, but also something modern or interesting. I think a young, fun couple's home should be young and fun too, not stuffy and boring.
I won't try to talk you into a modern table, like this Platner one, even though I love it!
And I haven't seen your house but I think this is lovely, if a little too formal...
But something inspired by these colors and textures could be great...
And all the shapes and architectural elements in this dining room really inspire me...
And I think this gorgeous dining room would fit into New Orleans beautifully...
This may be my fave of the whole group - so clean and fresh with the hints of turquoise!

But no matter how much I like you and want to design your space, I can't do anything like this (above). I would be too busy barfing on your floor. Please don't ask me to make your house look like your grandmother's Victorian dream come true. But thank you for asking me to step outside of my usual comfort zone and for inspiring me to do something new. I can't wait to try!
E

No comments: