I have been thinking a lot about resolutions. I usually do something really huge every year, like earn a degree or move across the country. Those things are never resolutions, it is just the way my life has been. Last year I decided to move in March and moved August 1st! So this month I am thinking about just writing down the main things that WILL happen this year. That way they are not resolutions that may be forgotten or set aside, but actual plans that I will follow through on.
1. Become a great cook. I have started cooking with my mom (via phone or skype) on a weekly basis and I really love it. She is an amazing professional cook and I get freaked out boiling water. I am going to become a confident, accomplished cook this year with all the tools I need to create great meals.
2. Learn CAD, and some Italian. I took CAD in design school but I have never used it and have completely forgotten it. I will take online classes this year and get great at it. Also, my fluency in Spanish makes Italian both easy and confusing, so I will study up on it for my trip in July (see #3).
3. Travel. This is easy since my mom plans and executes this one every year. Last year was the Dominican Republic, which was amazing, but my sister has never been to Europe. So this year we are going to Barcelona, Monte Carlo, and maybe a few towns in Italy and France. I am always the translator for Spanish, so I need to break out the Italian and French study guides!
4. Finish decorating the cottage and get it photographed/published. I am so happy and proud of my little cottage. I just need a few more touches to get it where I want it and it will be ready for professional pics and hopefully publishing!
5. Of course I have to decorate my mom's house, too, and work on our coffee table book with her. I have major spending coming up this year as my wisdom teeth have to come out and my brakes need to be fixed. I really loved 36 and I hear that 38 is the best year, but 37 has definitely been weird. I have been adjusting to life in California and I just want 2014 to be a happy time with no major stresses. More time with friends and family is the most important thing.
What are you going to accomplish this year? I hope every year you grow and get better....love!