Tuesday, February 5, 2013

maddie's big girl room

Well I am off this weekend to San Diego. While there we will start work on Maddie's big girl room, finally! This young lady was in the Sweet and Sour Nursery until her little sis was born. Now Olivia is in the nursery and Maddie needs a room that can grow with her. You all know I am the worst at mood boards, but here is one so you can kind of feel what we are doing...the entire room is super pale aqua...

I think every room needs a super "wow" - in the nursery it was the complete wall of bookshelves, which has been the most popular and blogged about thing I have ever done! In this room it will be a wall of alphabet letters, that we are doing in all different color mats. The twin bed will be in Schumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon, which my bestie and I have always wanted to use, and the chair will be the La Fiorentina in lime green. This weekend all the closet drapes (which are solid lime green) will go up and we will do the wall of alphabet letters. The chandelier and side table and sconce should be in place as well.

We will finish up in the next few months and maybe I can photograph it in late summer. I will take pics of the alphabet wall when it is up!

E

3 comments:

Heather Peterson said...

Love how vibrant it is, and the use of "grown up" fabric in fun colors. This feels like a fresh and new color scheme to me. Can't wait to see!

Heather
loveyourspace.blogspot.com

designstiles said...

I think the alphabet wall is so genius and so appropriate. I have a feeling this will be your next most popular thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color combinations!