Friday, June 15, 2012

eames redux

You guys remember the disgusting old Eames lounger/ottoman I got on ebay...


Seen here on my pink rug with the fabric I planned to put on it - the La Fiorentina I have been obsessed with for years! I have used this fabric in three projects lately - it is the perfect neutral graphic. Look what it did to my lounger!


Do you love it?? I am so happy with how it turned out. I really love changing up a classic piece that people are so used to seeing in leather. It is so different looking, and it makes me happy!
Happy weekend!
E

10 comments:

Leah said...

love it! fantastic.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Definitely a fun change. I love the neutral fiorentina too. I miss my little bench that I had covered in that colorwave. (Locked away in storage...)

Boo Hazard said...

WOW!! It looks great! I would've never thought to cover it something other than leather! LUVS! -Boo

heather (love your space) said...

Looks amazing! There's nothing better than getting apiece back from the upholsterer.

Elyse said...

Absolutely love it!! SO fun and fresh!

Lonely Wife Project said...

You blow my mind! I would have never thought to do anything but leather.

Mom of 2 Cuties @ Sprinkles of Joy and Laughter said...

Great vision..I would have passed on the fugly. I love that fabric too and the chair looks great! Enjoy your weekend
Maureen

katherine @ Antweak said...

oh Yes!!! love it!
Kat

Erika [small shop] said...

Oh...ma..gah...gorgeous!!

Jessie said...

You are amazing! I simply ADORE this.