Wednesday, August 21, 2013

stayin' alive, stayin' alive, ah ah ah ah stayin' alive!

Yes, I am actually singing that song as I write this! I love plants. I think the difference in a room can absolutely be made with a simple vase of flowers or even a single stem. I don't consider a room "finished" until you add the life of nature and bring the outdoors in. That being said, I seem to kill everything I bring home with me. I am one of the few people who cannot keep an orchid or ficus alive. Now that I am out in Cali, I am grateful to be surrounded by lush gardens that professionals take care of. I also LOVE succulents, and the cottage has tons of different varieties all around. They seem a little hardier and I hope that I can keep them inside, as well.

I am now the proud owner of an orchid, a gorgeous fiddle leaf fig tree, and a bowl of succulents. The bowl was hand crafted by Alex at Pots A Lot Pottery in New Orleans as my going away gift. Isn't it gorgeous? Now let's see which plant lasts the longest!

E




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell me about that gorgeous light fixture in the first photo!

Unknown said...

Your house pics look gorgeous!!! So happy it all seems to be coming together for you there.