Wednesday, July 24, 2013

that's a wrap!

I am leaving New Orleans on Monday, so today is my last day of client meetings. Just thought I would share with you some stools I had made for a client of mine - they were quite the process.

The client has a family connection/background from Turkey, and really loves the mosaic style prints of Iznik textiles. The fabric she finally decided on that looked great with her turquoise kitchen tile was only available in a linen. So I sent it to New York to be vinylized - a process that coats the fabric in plastic so that you can wipe it down. Then we had it sent back to New Orleans and applied to the stools. I am thrilled with how they came out and how they look with her blue tile. I hope she and her family enjoy them for many years!





Some of you had asked for another picture of the chairs we did for this same client in her entry hall. She had two old chairs that were missing seat cushions. We found a lemon yellow linen and had it custom monogrammed before being applied to seat cushions, which were then attached to the rebuilt chairs. This client likes custom pieces and I am glad she let me experiment with her!


I will take more pics of the moving process as my mom is going to roadtrip it across the desert with me! San Diego here I come!
See you soon...
E

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those vinyl-ized are incredible!! The fabric is gorg!

Tracy said...

good luck on your new adventure. please update us soon. can't wait to see what you do to the new place.

Tracy said...

Good luck on your new adventure.
Update us soon.
Can't wait to see what you do to your new space!