Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sexy backyard

One of the houses I am looking at has this back deck/small yard area:



I think it has the potential to be so sexy! I don't cut grass, so I think I would put down crushed oyster shells or gravel, and do climbing vines all over the fence and maybe orange trees in the corners. For furniture I am totally inspired by these cozy, sexy outdoor spaces:




This firebowl from Restoration Hardware is a must:


And their new Ibiza Collection pieces in black would be so dark and cozy against greenery:


Throw on some sheepskins, string lights, suzani pillows, and lanterns, and it is an outdoor party waiting to happen...
What are your favorite outdoor items? West Elm and CB2 have some great inexpensive outdoor picks!
E

6 comments:

Leanbean said...

Love the inspiration pictures! Good luck on the house hunting. We are currently in the process of buying a home and just got word the first home fell through - word of advice, don't buy a foreclosure! I am hoping this next house (double the first one's price) works out. At least we are in sunny Mississipppi on the gulf!

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh gorgeous..I can't wait to have a backyard..

Elizabeth said...

Good luck to you, too, Leanbean! I am from MS you know...I don't get attached to houses so I won't die if it doesn't work, but it is sort of the only one I like right now I hope it does!
-e

Michelle said...

Oooh that could be totally sexy!! I can't wait to move so I can really focus on creating an amazing outdoor space!! SO fun!

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to do olive trees with white lights and gravel, a fire pit and lots of comfy seating. Yay, excited for you! Fingers crossed.

designstiles said...

I have a backyard that needs some sexefying. Looking for outdoor fabric is high on the priority list.

Good luck with your new home!