Tuesday, September 20, 2011

erratic posting

Hey guys - just wanted to give a head's up that I may or may not be posting every day for the next two weeks. The LSAT is October 1st and I am focusing on that for the next ten days. I have really searched my heart and mind about whether I wanted to go back to school next fall at 36 - finishing up and taking the bar exam at almost 40, and the answer is "sure - why not?"
I truly believe that for me personally it would be miserable to do the same thing forever. I have pretty much changed cities or jobs every seven years since I was 17 and I just can't see myself stopping now. There are so many things I would like to try out there and since you can do school at night and keep working during the day, I just don't see a reason not to keep learning and having adventures! This quote from Michelle Williams really clarifies my thoughts:

"When you have options, anything is bearable. It's when a situation is inescapable that it becomes hell," Williams tells Hobo Magazine. "It seems to me that as soon as you get good at something, it is a sure sign that it is about to walk out of your life because it ceases to hold your mind and creative energy hostage."











I don't know what these pics have to do with this post, except that they are workspaces that do it for me....
E

4 comments:

Heather (love your space) said...

Good for you!
As my design business gets going, I already find myself wondering how long I'll stick to it and what will come next. Looking back over the last few decades, about 6 years seems like my timespan for things.

Good luck with the test!

Unknown said...

These are fantastic spaces! I am pinning them.

Good luck with your studying! Can't wait to hear more about what's in store for you. Love that you are taking control of your own destiny rather than letting things happen to you. xo

Lonely Wife Project said...

Who knew Michelle Williams was a philosopher. Seriously though, that quote is really good and rings particularly true in my own life right about now. Wishing you so much luck on your LSATS bubble gum! Don't disappear on us completely!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Good luck with studying! You are inspiring me, lady.