Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Slim Down




I know most people make New Year's resolutions at the beginning of the year, but I didn't accomplish mine this year so I am having to catch up now. I am determined to lose 20 lbs by the end of the year! I never had to work hard to stay in shape in my 20's and now I am finding that it is all hitting me very hard. I hate "exercise" more than anything. The act of intentionally going out to sweat can be very depressing and hard to get motivated for. If you can find something you love though, like playing a sport or being outside in a beautiful place (like our Audubon Park), it makes it a little easier.
If you have to stay indoors the best video I have ever done is the Tracy Anderson Method workout. The cardio dvd is terrible, so don't waste your time. The sculpting dvd is amazing and you will see results very quickly if you do it 4-5 times a week.
When I do cardio I do it in these sweat shorts from Pacillo. They are super huge and embarrassing, so get the extra small or small size. You won't care how embarrassing they are when you pull them off and are soaked in sweat!
I have found that I can sit on the bike for an hour without even noticing the time if I take my Kindle and read. I love the Kindle so much, and the new ones are so inexpensive!
My fave music for working out are songs by women with a driving beat and a powerful message, that make me feel strong and sexy. Good ones to try are "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry, "On Top of the World" by the Pussycat Dolls, and "Only Girl in the World" by Rihanna.
Happy Exercising!
E

No comments: