Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bachelor Pad Begins...







So my brother needs some design help - a bachelor pad is in order! He likes super duper modern and sleek, like this Corbusier-inspired chair. He has a black leather sofa already and a wood trunk from my mother. I do not like 100% of any style, and I really don't like it when someone designs a room that completely fights with the architecture (like medieval castle furniture in a small ranch house)... Since he is a renter and there is no architecture to speak of, and lower ceilings, etc.. I think he should focus on modern classics and masculine vintage pieces that he can take with him wherever he moves. Another important thing for a man is art that speaks to his hobbies and represents who he is. My brother belongs to the shooting range and loves to hunt, so I think this police silhouette target would be a cool piece of art framed. I am loving this Nate Berkus designed apartment for inspiration.
Can't wait to get started on this project!
E

No comments: